If it weren’t for black people you wouldn’t have:
- air conditioning unit: Frederick M. Jones; July 12, 1949
- almanac: Benjamin Banneker; Approx 1791
- auto cut-off switch: Granville T. Woods; January 1,1839
- auto fishing devise: G. Cook; May 30, 1899
- automatic gear shift: Richard Spikes; February 28, 1932
- baby buggy: W.H. Richardson; June 18, 1899
- bicycle frame: L.R. Johnson; Octber 10, 1899
- biscuit cutter: A.P. Ashbourne; November 30, 1875
- blood plasma bag: Charles Drew; Approx. 1945
- cellular phone: Henry T. Sampson; July 6, 1971
- chamber commode: T. Elkins; January 3, 1897
- clothes dryer: G. T. Sampson; June 6, 1862
- curtain rod: S. R. Scratton; November 30, 1889
- curtain rod support: William S. Grant; August 4, 1896
- door knob: O. Dorsey; December 10, 1878
- door stop: O. Dorsey; December 10, 1878
- dust pan: Lawrence P. Ray; August 3, 1897
- egg beater: Willie Johnson; February 5, 1884
- electric lampbulb: Lewis Latimer; March 21, 1882
- elevator: Alexander Miles; October 11, 1867
- eye protector: P. Johnson; November 2, 1880
- fire escape ladder: J. W. Winters; May 7, 1878
- fire extinguisher: T. Marshall; October 26, 1872
- folding bed: L. C. Bailey; July 18, 1899
- folding chair: Brody & Surgwar; June 11, 1889
- fountain pen: W. B. Purvis; January 7, 1890
- furniture caster: O. A. Fisher; 1878
- gas mask: Garrett Morgan; October 13, 1914
- golf tee: T. Grant; December 12, 1899
- guitar: Robert F. Flemming, Jr. March 3, 1886
- hair brush: Lydia O. Newman; November 15,18–
- hand stamp: Walter B. Purvis; February 27, 1883
- horse shoe: J. Ricks; March 30, 1885
- ice cream scooper: A. L. Cralle; February 2, 1897
- improv. sugar making: Norbet Rillieux; December 10, 1846
- insect-destroyer gun: A. C. Richard; February 28, 1899
- ironing board: Sarah Boone; December 30, 1887
- key chain: F. J. Loudin; January 9, 1894
- lantern: Michael C. Harvey; August 19, 1884
- lawn mower: L. A. Burr; May 19, 1889
- lawn sprinkler: J. W. Smith; May 4, 1897
- lemon squeezer: J. Thomas White; December 8, 1893
- lock: W. A. Martin; July 23, 18–
- lubricating cup: Ellijah McCoy; November 15, 1895
- lunch pail: James Robinson; 1887
- mail box: Paul L. Downing; October 27, 1891
- mop: Thomas W. Stewart; June 11, 1893
- motor: Frederick M. Jones; June 27, 1939
- peanut butter: George Washington Carver; 1896
- pencil sharpener: J. L. Love; November 23, 1897
- record player arm: Joseph Hunger Dickenson January 8, 1819
- refrigerator: J. Standard; June 14, 1891
- riding saddles: W. D. Davis; October 6, 1895
- rolling pin: John W. Reed; 1864
- shampoo headrest: C. O. Bailiff; October 11, 1898
- spark plug: Edmond Berger; February 2, 1839
- stethoscope: Imhotep; Ancient Egypt
- stove: T. A. Carrington; July 25, 1876
- straightening comb: Madam C. J. Walker; Approx 1905
- street sweeper: Charles B. Brooks; March 17, 1890
- phone transmitter: Granville T. Woods; December 2, 1884
- thermostat control: Frederick M. Jones; February 23, 1960
- traffic light: Garrett Morgan; November 20, 1923
- tricycle: M. A. Cherry; May 6, 1886
- typewriter: Burridge & Marshman; April 7, 1885
BUT OH MAN WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT MCDONALDS :(((
You gonna throw up or are you gonna smile?
why am i attracted to him
after hearing about it through the submission to @angryasiangirlsunited, i checked out the trailer of Lucy and am even more disgusted. and so not surprised. whiteness is getting too old.the upcoming movie lucy will feature the age-old racist narrative of pure white woman (scarlet johansson) being violated by scary, brown men. and the new white feminist trope of women gaining their power by violently eliminating brown men. who needs the white male savior when we now have white female saviors, taking it into their own hands to save their whiteness from all that non-whiteness. so radical.
My favorite part are the white feminists who are raving about this movie because “strong independent woman yaaaas!!”
i’m just wondering why there are herbs and fruits and vegetables written in a faded, creepy red on a prison-like wall in chinese. are herbs and fruits and vegetables in chinese supposed to be part of some sort of scare tactics? or am i missing something here?
The above makes this so much better
OMG THIS MOVIE IS BULLSHIT OF THE HIGHEST ORDER THEY COULDN’T EVEN BOTHER TO GET SOMEONE TO WRITE ACCURATE SHIT IN CHINESE ON THE WALL THEY PROBABLY GOOGLED A TAKE-OUT MENU OR SOMETHING THIS IS WHAT A $20MIL BUDGET BUYS IN HOLLYWHITE EVERYONE!
There are two types of people in this world, Ginsbergs and Drapers.
why do white men grow a beard as a substitute for a personality
Naomi Campbell needs to understand how blessed she was to be in this video.
yeah they’re growing on me
I was talking with someone today about levels of risk-taking and I was like “Mariah Carey kareoke levels”
This is an excerpt from the documentary Our Spirits Don’t Speak English, where boarding school survivors are interviewed about their time in the schooling system.
Too many people don’t know about this. This, if anything, should be taught in schools, but instead it is hidden. In my elementary and middle school days we learned about the wild West, the railroad system, the California Missions, Pilgrims etc. The only Native education the U.S. implements in the curricula is the Trail of Tears. No one in my classes knew about Wounded Knee, the Long Walk, the broken treaties, the slavery of my own tribe to build churches, the bounties that were put on all Native heads (common bounty in CA was $1 for head $.50 for an ear), the cultural genocide.
If there is one Native thing this country needs to learn is the boarding school system. Some of us still live with the results of the boarding schools. We have high rates of domestic violence which is always stated as being introduced the schools. Native children were taken from their homes, and placed into the schools where they were beaten and molested by the teachers and staff. The schools were to reform Natives into respectable white people, but once the kids left the system they had trouble finding work, while some were outcast from their tribe.
This was all a part of the genocide, yet too many people have no idea this even happened.